In this eSplash:
- Venetian Summer Camp Still Has Openings!
- Join Venetian Swim Team Today!
- Swim Team: Strokes Clinics Coming Up!
- Are You a Web Site Designer Experienced with WordPress?
- Save the Date—Work Day is Saturday, April 22nd
- Volunteers Needed to Help With New Member Party
- Future Events and Important Dates
Venetian Summer Camp Still Has Openings!
For those of you already planning your kids’ summer camps, here are the dates for our two sessions of the ever-popular Venetian Summer Camp:
- Session 1: June 5 – 16, 2017 (Theme: Ancient Civilizations)
- Session 2: June 19 – June 30, 2017 (Theme: Rainforest)
Eligibility: Members’ children who are rising first through fifth graders.
Camp hours are from 9 AM to 2 PM each day. All camp applications include a $50 non-refundable application fee per session AND per child. The application for the 2017 Summer Camps is available on the Summer Camp page of our Web site. A copy of the application may also be downloaded HERE.
Questions? Contact Camp Director, Kristi Hanna.
Join Venetian Swim Team Today!
If you haven’t heard, Venetian has a great swim team and registration is now open for all new and returning Poolsharks. All Venetian Pools members ages 4 – 18 are eligible to join and team membership is open to all levels of ability from beginner through advanced.
If your kids haven’t tried swim team yet, we encourage you to consider joining us this summer. It is a great way to build swimming skills, make new friends, and be part of a vibrant community at Venetian this summer.
If you are interested in swim team, go to the Venetian Poolsharks’ website at: https://www.teamunify.com/Home.jsp?team=recdcslvps. Here you will find details about swim team, important dates, etc.
New This Year: The Venetian Board of Directors has voted to open up participation on our swim team to children of families who are within approximately three years of becoming members. This decision was made after several years of declining swim team numbers, and in consultation with the swim team coaches, the board and many swim team parents. Representatives of the swim team will be reaching out to eligible families in early April. The offer will be made to these families with very specific parameters, including the following:
- The maximum number of waitlisted swimmers will be capped at 50 and swimmers will be selected on a first come, first served basis.
- Waitlisted swimmers will be expected to follow the same rules as any other swimmer, including attending practices and meets.
- All parents, including parents of waitlisted swimmers, will be expected to volunteer during swim meets.
- Participating in the swim team does not change their position on the waitlist.
- Participating in the swim team does not change their guest access to the pool.
To find out more about Swim Team, please join us at Venetian on Sunday, April 23rd from 3-5 PM for our annual Open House! This is a great time to ask questions and find out how you can be a part of this great community. Also, we will do swimsuit fittings if you are not sure what size your swimmer needs.
We look forward to seeing everyone this summer,
Your Swim Team Coordinators
Mary Lynn Gaines
Swim Team: Strokes Clinics Coming Up!
Get your strokes a tune-up at Agnes Scott this April with DeKalb Aquatics! Our Poolsharks’ Head Coach, Sean Minton, and the swimming professionals at DAQ are holding a stroke clinic for summer league swimmers looking to get a head start on the summer. Please contact Coach Sean for more information (email@example.com).
For more information, please download the flyer/application.
Are You a Web Site Designer Experienced with WordPress?
Or do you know a company that is?
VPCA is in the process of getting bids to revamp and improve our Web site. We would prefer an individual or company experienced working with using WordPress to create Web sites of small companies or nonprofits. We are not looking for someone to actively manage the site; just to make some needed improvements.
Please contact Communication Chair, Vicki Ainslie, if you are interested in finding out more (or if you have a company that you can recommend).
Save the Date: Work Day — Saturday, April 22nd
Our spring Work Day is less than a month away! This is the day when we do the all-important preparations to get out facilities ready for the upcoming season, and it is a great social event. We need help with
- Lots of cleaning – the Bath Houses, the Snack Bar, the Office. Cleaning supplies are provided.
- Re-sealing the wooden deck (after making any needed repairs).
- Re-staining the picnic tables, benches and planters.
- Inspecting and repairing the climbing structure.
- Throwing out trash. (We rent a dumpster for the day and usually fill it.)
- Planting annuals, spreading pine straw.
- Cleaning the grills thoroughly.
- And much more…
The day begins at 8:00 a.m. with juice, coffee, bagels and donuts. Lunch will be served at noon. And you earn guest passes—one book of guest passes for every two hours worked per household. We will be working until about 5:00 p.m. In case of rain, the Work Day will be held on Sunday, April 23.
Hope to see you there! Many hands make light work!
Volunteers Needed to Help With New Member Party
The New Member Welcoming Party has need of a few volunteers to assist in providing items for this event. The party will be May 6th at 4 PM. There is no requirement to attend the event, and all purchases will be reimbursed by Venetian. If you would be willing to purchase and drop off a few items, please let me know. Your efforts will be much appreciated.
Future Events & Important Dates
Monday, April 10: VPCA Board Meeting, 7 PM
Saturday, April 22: Spring Work Day (Rain Day is Sunday, 23 Apr)
Sunday, April 23: Swim Team Open House, 3-5 PM
Saturday, May 6: Pool Opening Day! Pool Opens at Noon
Saturday, May 6: New Member Welcome Party, Venetian Dance Hall, 4-5 PM
Submitted by Vicki Ainslie, firstname.lastname@example.org