Venetian eSplash 4.29.2015
FOURTH ANNUAL 40 MILE SWIM CHALLENGE
Sign up now for this season’s 40 Mile Swim Challenge and receive your 32nd mile FREE! (valid for sign ups prior to May 9, 2015)
Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and a personal recording form will await you in the notebook at the front desk beginning May 9. They will be filed alphabetically. You can also sign up after May 9–there will be blank recording sheets in the notebook—but you won’t receive the free mile.
NEW THIS YEAR: All swimmers achieving 40 miles or more will receive a thick and luxuriant Venetian Pools beach towel. (There may be a nominal charge, under $5.00, depending on the number of people qualifying)
- The 40 Mile Swim Challenge is open to any member of any age.
- Miles must be completed between the pool opening, May 9 and the end of extended swim in September.
- You may swim up to 5 of your miles at a non-Venetian pool (if you’re on vacation, or swimming at the YMCA, etc.) but the remainder must be completed at Venetian. (New rule)
- Miles will be self-recorded on individual record sheets in a notebook kept at the front desk.
- Mileage will be recorded on the Honor System, by each swimmer, as completed.
- You do not have to swim a full mile each time you swim. You can enter half or quarter miles, as long as your mileage adds up to 40 miles.
- 1 mile=18 long laps (up and back=1 lap), 33 short laps
Accept the 40 Mile Challenge
Sign Up Now