Underwater Treadmill Donation; Grills/Tables Clean-up; Future Events
Aquabilt LLC owner Robert Adley, a high school classmate of Board member Paul Thim, has donated a portable, underwater treadmill to Venetian. Paul took it to the pool this past Saturday and Colm assembled it and placed it in the shallow end of the pool, next to the lap lanes. The treadmill is non-motorized (it is user-powered) making it very safe to operate. At this time, there are no “rules” for the use of the treadmill so anyone who wants to use it may do so. Colm said the lifeguards would monitor it to make sure no one “plays” with it. Colm is familiar with these treadmills and said it takes effort to use and does provide a good workout.
Seven Benefits of Aquatic Exercise
1. Enhances overall fitness by improving cardio-vascular conditioning
2. Low Impact on joints and musculo-skeletal system because of the buoyancy of water which supports the body mass and facilitates movement.
3. High Resistance provided by the physical activity of moving a mass of water improves strength and enhances the use of calories by providing resistance as high as 12 times that for the same movement performed on land.
4. Elimination of excess body heat is more efficient because of the cooling effect of water.
5. The safety factor as it relates to muscle and skeletal system is very high because there is no fixed resistance to overcome as in weight-lifting. When movement stops, resistance disappears.
6. Aquatic Exercise is user friendly, because by varying the speed the individual can exercise with as much or as little effort as desired while still sustaining benefit.
7. The training of athletes and the benefit to all users is improved because of the reduced recovery time that results from low impact Aquatic Exercise.
For more information: www.aquabilt.com
Reminder: Clean Up your table, grill, and make sure grill is turned off
On Saturday morning a grill was found left on from Friday night. Please ensure that you turn-off and clean the grill you use at the pool; and please leave the table(s) and chairs you use clean and wiped down and that you don’t leave any food items behind.
Monday May 26: Memorial Day
Tuesday May 27: Swim Team Home Meet
Tuesday June 3: Swim Team Home Meet
Friday June 6: Movie Night: “Frozen”
Monday June 9: Board of Directors Meeting at Pool
Submitted by Nick Cortese, email@example.com