Venetian eSplash 5.5.2014
SAFETY FIRST Message; Work Day Special Thanks; Pool Sharks Announcement; New Member Orientation; 40 Mile Challenge Sign-up Before May 10 (Free Mile!); Beach Volleyball Court; Board Meeting May 5; Future Events
SAFETY FIRST Message from the Board of Directors
As opening day quickly approaches and we get ready to enjoy a great summer season at Venetian Pools, please remember that safety in and around our pool is our first priority. Swim Atlanta and the lifeguards and staff do a fantastic job of monitoring the pool and keeping things running smoothly, but members and their guests should also take reasonable precautions to ensure their own safety. Please be vigilant and mindful of the safety of our members and their guests!
- It is extremely important to never leave any child unattended who cannot swim or whose ability to swim is limited
- Keep children away from pool drains, pipes and other openings
- Have a phone close by at all times (a phone is located at the front desk)
- If a child is missing, check the pool first
- Share safety instructions with family and friends
Work Day Special Thanks
A very special Thank You to Flip Hager, Paul Thim, John Hall, Rick Smith, Todd Hill, Alan Dishman and Michael Purser for the successful organization and execution of Pool Work Day.
Pool Sharks Announcement
Does your under-18 year old want to swim with the sharks?? The Pool Sharks, that is. Although practice has already started, it is not too late to join the fun camaraderie of our championship team. This year we have joined the ASA league where we will have the chance to compete in the largest swim meet EVER. And swimmers will enjoy competing at the Georgia Tech Pool, home of the 1996 Summer Olympics. It is not necessary to attend every practice and we welcome swimmers of ALL levels and ages. For more information check out our website on the Venetian Pool website or http://www.teamunify.com/Home.jsp?_tabid_=0&team=recdcslvps
Support the Pool Sharks and advertise your business at the same time. Our over 200 swimmers proudly wear their team shirts throughout the summer and beyond. Swimmer’s families are on our website numerous times every week during the swim season. Take advantage of that exposure and become a swim team sponsor. For just $200 your logo and link will be featured on our team website and your logo will be featured on the back of the tee-shirts. Please consider helping support Venetians team. For more information please contact Ann Hesskamp @ email@example.com
New Member Orientation
The Evite re: orientation was sent out to all new members. See you there on opening day, May 10 at 4pm.
40 Mile Challenge Sign-Up
May 10 is fast approaching and, with it, the official start of the Third Annual 40 Mile Swim Challenge at Venetian Pools.
Sign up before May 10th to receive your 22nd mile FREE! Just email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up and there will be a record sheet waiting for you in the notebook at the front desk the first day the pool opens. You can still do the challenge if you sign-up after opening day, but you won’t get the free mile.
- The 40 Mile Swim Challenge is open to any member of any age.
- Miles must be completed between the pool opening
(either May 10 or earlier, if there’s an early extended swim this year) and the end of September.
- You may swim up to 5 of your miles at a non-Venetian pool (if you’re on vacation, or swimming at the YMCA, etc.) but the remainder must be completed at Venetian. (New rule)
- Miles will be self-recorded on individual record sheets in a notebook kept at the front desk.
- You do not have to swim a full mile each time you swim. You can enter half or quarter miles, as long as your mileage adds up to 40 miles.
Submitted by Maya Hahn
Beach Volleyball – Sand Spreading
Greg Coleson is refurbishing the volleyball court and needs help installing the sand. We need shovels and folks willing to help. If interested contact Greg at email@example.com.
Board Meeting May 5 at Pool
The VPCA Board will meet Monday May 5 at 7pm. Members are welcome to attend.
Monday May 5: Board Meeting; 125 Scott Boulevard 7pm
Saturday, May 10: Opening Day
Saturday June 14: Swim Team Fundraiser, 6pm – close
Saturday June 14 or June 21: Swim-a-thon
Submitted by Nick Cortese, firstname.lastname@example.org